TheAbove SEO Tweaks Will Drive Traffic To Your Website
All that is left to do now is to start implementing them so that you will start increasing your Google PageRank and drive more traffic to your website.
The most important Tweaks:
- The Importance ofLastButtlinks andInterlinkingYour site must have been built to provide value to the reader by including informative and quality content that is relevant to your keywords. If you are able to combine that with efficient internal linking choices, then your site will benefit greatly from the search engines. Linking can be done through articles, request pages, or using your Returning Customer Management Team ( act like aanch for a reciprocal link) to ensure that links are kept active. If you are building returning links through reciprocal links, then it is important to ensure that they are of high quality. The search engines look periodically at reciprocal links to see who is linking to you. If they are of low quality, then you might want to change providers to obtain a better link portfolio. Then, you have to wait until the new provider provides you with some links to begin to build as many of those links as possible.
- The anchors you use are importantThe Search Engines place a lot of emphasis on the content connected with the links that they place on your page. They are looking for the words that you use to link internally, and it is beneficial to use your keywords within the anchor text (both within the page URL and as the words are being used on the page). This plays a huge role in search rankings of multiple pages on your website and will correlate to the ranking of your entire website.
- The Rank of your backlinks and their propertiesThe search engines take into account the page ranks of your URLs. Those URLs own their rank or PR as it is commonly referred to. It is not uncommon for a PR 6 link to have more giving it more value that a PR 3 link. You cannot worry about the PR of other links as the majority of them are filtered out by the search engines. However, that said, it is important that you use your keywords with care so that you can have them translated to higher page rank.
4.Keywords on your Title Tags and Keywords on your Description TagsEvery bit of content you publish online should have accurate tags and descriptions that describe it as accurately as possible. In fact, it is best to actually have two separate sets of Meta Description and Keywords for any given page. The first set should be for the search engines to use while indexing your site and should be written so that it will present to the user as accurately as possible what they will be reading. The same goes for the Title tags, Keywords and the H1 tag which is the headlines that you use in order to promote the content and get attention.
- Outbound links and their anchor textAnchor text refers to the actual wording you use as the link. For example, a link to this page’s about us page can be written like “About us page”. Anchor text helps Google and other search engines know what your page is about. From a usability perspective, it is important to ensure that the anchor text is consistent and correct as it can give the search engines information about what the page is about.
- Navigation StructureGuide your website navigation using clear and descriptive text links. Combine this with other tips listed here and you are sure to contain your target audience in no time.
- Error Free HTMLUse HTML that is error free to make it easier for the user to find what they are looking for while also being friendly to search engine spiders. If possible, use CSS to manage the look and feel of the site and then use the style sheets to do the html For example:
- Optimised imagesOptimising your images can be done in numerous ways. Here are a few things to consider:
i) Use alt attribute to give a clear picture of the image.
ii) Choose the type of the image ( strengthen it with a title attribute and description that describes the image)
iii) Remember to use the ALT attribute for images that have a life span of more than 3 seconds. This helps the image to register positively in image searches and image catalogue sites.
b) Broken images and flashUse broken images with discrete (using xHTML inbuilt mode) and external CSS included to fix them. Your linking strategy also plays an important role in this.
c) Form processingOne should keep the fields fill on the forms, this will help in communication with the users and the search engines.
e) Search Engine MattressesSearch engines and their algorithms play a big role in what goes on your site.